Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Orange Spinach Salad
- Prepare shrimp and begin to grill (10 minutes)
- Prepare salad and complete shrimp; serve (10 minutes)
8 fully cooked bacon slices
24 peeled/deveined large shrimp (about 3/4 lb), thawed
1/2 cup creamy poppy seed dressing
Aluminum foil (optional)
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray, then preheat grill.
- Stack bacon slices and cut into 3 equal lengths. Wrap each shrimp with bacon and secure with toothpicks, then place in medium bowl (wash hands). Pour dressing over shrimp and toss to coat; let stand 5 minutes to marinate.
- Place shrimp on grill, using tongs, and discard any remaining dressing; close lid (or cover with foil) and cook 6–8 minutes, turning occasionally, and just until shrimp are pink. Remove toothpicks and serve over salad.
Orange Spinach Salad
1/4 cup orange herb/poppy seed marinade
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1 (5-oz bag) fresh spinach (about 4 cups)
1 (11-oz) can mandarin oranges in light syrup (drained)
1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- Whisk marinade and vinegar together, in salad bowl, until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss until evenly coated.
- Complete your meal with grape tomatoes, Italian bread, lemonade and peach pie.
- Shortcuts and Tips
- Soaking toothpicks in water overnight will prevent them from burning when grilling. The shrimp recipe makes a great appetizer.