1 cup quick-cooking grits
4 cups no-salt-added chicken stock
1 cup unsalted butter
1 tablespoon chipotle & roasted garlic seasoning
1 lb rock shrimp
- Cook grits following package instructions using chicken stock.
- Heat butter and seasoning in a large saucepan on medium-low until melted and simmering. Stir in shrimp; cook 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally (do not boil), and until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Remove shrimp from pan; whisk 2/3 cup poaching butter into grits. Serve shrimp over grits. Drizzle with poaching butter, if desired.
Other Preparation Methods
- Grill: Preheat grill on medium-high. Thread shrimp onto 6-inch skewers. Brush shrimp with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Grill 1–2 minutes, turning occasionally, and until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Fry: Heat 6 cups oil in Dutch oven on medium-high until 375°F. Mix 1 cup hush puppy mix with 3/4 cup water; coat 1 lb shrimp in batter. Add one-fourth of the shrimp to oil; cook 2–2 1/2 minutes and until golden. Drain on paper towels; cook remaining shrimp.