- 1 1/2 pound skirt steak
- Weber brand Carne Asada seasoning or your favorite steak seasoning
- Spicy Coctel de Camarones see link above
- Prepare the spicy coctel de camarones. But, instead of boiling the shrimp, you are going to grill the shrimp. Simply season with the same steak seasoning. Drizzle with a fresh lime juice and oil. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side on preheated grill. Let cool, them mix in to the cocktail base. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Season the steak generously wit seasoning and let it come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high. If using cast iron skillet, preheat with grapeseed or canola oil a few minutes before ready to cook.
- Place seasoned skirt steak on direct heat and grill for 3-4 minutes per side. This will yield a medium/rare steak. if you like it more well done, leave it on for an extra minute per side. Remove from heat and let steak rest for a few minutes.
- To serve, slice steak, against the grain, on your cutting board. Add a generous amount of spicy coctel de camarones. Serve with warm corn tortillas! Yields 4-6 servings.
If you cannot find the El Pato brand sauce for the shrimp cocktail, you can substitute with some Clamato and hot sauce.