Coriander-Crusted Fish With Chickpea Artichoke Salad
– Prepare fish and begin to cook – 5 minutes
– Prepare salad and complete fish; serve – 10 minutes
3 tablespoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 fish fillets (salmon, tuna, or swordfish; 1 1/2 lb)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Combine coriander, salt, and pepper; then coat both sides of fish (wash hands).
2. Place oil in pan, then add fish; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until 145°F and fish flakes easily. May be served over Chickpea Salad (recipe below).
Chickpea Artichoke Salad
1/2 cup canned quartered artichokes, finely chopped
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 bag baby arugula leaves (4-5 oz)
1/2 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
– Chop artichokes and onion.
1. Combine arugula, chickpeas, onions, and artichokes.
2. Whisk vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper until blended; add to salad. Toss and serve.
– Complete your meal with fresh dinner rolls and chocolate cake for dessert.
– If you can’t find ground coriander, substitute ground cumin.