Couscous-Crusted Mediterranean Salmon with European Salad
- Prepare salmon and begin to bake (10 minutes)
- Prepare salad and complete salmon; serve (30 minutes)
Couscous-Crusted Mediterranean Salmon
1 lemon, for zest/juice
1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons raisins
3 tablespoons sliced stuffed green olives
2 tablespoons pine nuts (or slivered almonds)
1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
1 1/2 cups spinach/tomato (or plain) couscous
1 (1 1/4 lb) salmon fillet, skin removed
1 teaspoon salt-free tomato basil garlic seasoning
2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Zest lemon peel (1 teaspoon); set lemon aside.
- Chop basil and parsley; place in medium bowl.
- Combine in medium bowl: basil, raisins, olives, pine nuts, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon oil, and couscous; stir until mixed well. Coat 9- x 13-inch baking dish with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- Add salmon to dish; sprinkle with seasoning. Spoon couscous evenly over fish and bottom of dish, then pour water over couscous. Bake 20–30 minutes and until fish is 145°F (or flesh separates easily).
- Squeeze lemon (for juice) over fish. Serve.
12 baby carrots, coarsely chopped
4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 bag European (or romaine) salad blend (8–10 oz)
1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette
- Chop carrots and tomatoes.
- Place salad blend in salad bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss and serve.
- Complete your meal with steamed broccoli, flavored water, and fruit pie for dessert.
- You can also prepare this recipe with firm white fish such as snapper, halibut, cod, trout, flounder, snapper or pompano