Creole Cream Scallops and Pasta With Parmesan Spinach Salad
– Prepare salad through step 1 and chill – 5 minutes
– Prepare scallops and complete salad; serve – 20 minutes
Creole Cream Scallops and Pasta
1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons seafood seasoning blend
large zip-top bag
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 pound steak-topper vegetables (fresh pre-sliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers)
12 ounces spinach (or regular) fettuccine pasta
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
2 tablespoons cream sherry (optional)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta. Thaw scallops (if required) by placing open bag under cool running water 4-5 minutes.
2. Combine flour and seafood seasoning in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Place measured oil and garlic near stove. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
3. Drain scallops and pat dry. Add to bag (wash hands); seal tightly and shake to coat. Place oil and garlic in pan (pan should sizzle). Add scallops (wash hands) and then steak-topper vegetables (do not stir); cook 2 minutes.
4. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
5. Stir tomatoes into scallops, cover, and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook uncovered 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until slightly thickened. Drain pasta and serve scallops over pasta. (Makes 6 servings.)
Parmesan Spinach Salad
10 ounces fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup grape tomatoes (rinsed)
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup creamy cheese salad dressing
1. Place all ingredients (except salad dressing) in salad bowl.
2. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve.
Frozen sea scallops have a delicious sweet flavor. For best results, thaw scallops overnight in refrigerator.