big reds

Home Forums Your Fishing Reports big reds

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jason Halstead 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

david brewer
    Participant

went out the fort desoto on weds,really iffy weather ,lighting and it hailstoned,waited awhile it cleared up,got lots of large pins for bait,met up with up with Jason/flats prower/he had is dad on his boat. also took Reid/spb/ with us,both boats next to each other,Jason hooks up ,Reid hooks up Capt John hooks up i hook up,4 fish on at the same time.crazy,fish going in all directions.smallest fish at 27ins largest was at 351/2ins.go figure.im sure Capt John will post some pics.

Yeah weather was iffy but at least it wasn’t 100 degrees and sunny. Thanks for letting my Dad and I fish with you guys. Even though my Dad didn’t hook up I have some awesome video of him trying the Jimmy Houston hook set a couple times; he’s a longtime bass fisherman. I’ll get to heckle him for years to come on that one.

Here are the two pics of the reds I managed to land. The second pic shows all three of you on Capt John’s boat taking care of your fishies. Oh and the first red I caught had one of those Paul Brown suspending baits way down in his gullet with about 24 inches of flouro leader; guess those baits catch reds too.

John
    John
    Participant

Nice…..

Jason, not sure what that black thing is hanging around your neck, but it gave me an idea.

That’s exactly what I need at home for the TV remote. I always seem leave it sitting where I’m not.

John

Reid Richardson
    Participant

It sure was fun going out with you guys! I had a great time and learned a lot with good company. Hopefully, we’ll get out there again some time.

Skiffin16 wrote: Nice…..

Jason, not sure what that black thing is hanging around your neck, but it gave me an idea.

That’s exactly what I need at home for the TV remote. I always seem leave it sitting where I’m not.

John

I know the feeling. That is my trolling motor remote. It’s the iPilot from Minn Kota version and it’s pretty sweet. I can run the trolling motor from my half tower now and when I spot fish drop the power pole with my other remote. I just need one last remote to control the fish and I’m all set.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.