bongo.ezoicns.com

Ideas for "grinder" to make chum

Home Forums Angler's Forum Ideas for "grinder" to make chum

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Josephmum 2 months ago.

• Author

Michael Gill

So, maybe i’m the only one but I like to make my own chum from bait fish. I’ve tried meat grinders and food processors and while they work, it is painstaking to do. You can only put small amounts of bait fish into the grinder or processor and it takes forever to make a large amount of chum.

Anyone have any other better/creative ways of making chum? I saw an invention on tv once (local fishing show) that involved a drill, some kind of long metal attachment and a couple of food processor blades. Tried to get in touch with the guy but never got a call back.

Let me know. Thanks!

stephen
    Participant

I tried the processors, blenders, burnt em all up… I made a menhaden oil drip system.. and just chop bait to make a slick… Unless you get a quality electric grinder.. or a big hand crank one and lots of time to crank away…and drink beers… A drip system cutting board and bait, is the way to go.

james dygert

man, i make my own chum. i use the same chum offshore as i do for catching bait. its bread, cozy kitten, menhaden oil, leftover live bait( i brine and freeze all leftover live bait after a trip) cornmeal and a small amount of purina tropical fish and jack mackerel. i have a plastic drum(5 gallon bucket works) and i took a paint mixer and welded a couple of old cheap knife blades to it and welded another piece to the end of them after i made the tip blunt and put rubber over it. just throw in, mix and relax. the electric drill does alll the work

mark hartley
    mark hartley
    Participant

Just bought a hand crank big meat grinder, I think it will work, refreeze in bags, or use tupperware as a mold for blocks.

I have so much old bait, frozen it is a shame to waist it and too expensive to buy chum blocks. Menhaden oil is awesome and makes it a real “slick” along with little pieces that bring the snapper up. Then cut up some fresh white baits and send down an un weighted chunk of white bait on a #2 hook, they hit like trains on spinning tackle.
    TerryInFlorida
    TerryInFlorida
    Participant

Add an electric motor to a manual meat grinder, precut the fish so that they fall into it. Fabricate a bigger funnel to hold more meat and keep modifying it until you are satisfied. There are a few diy examples online that I found, here are two…

Link

Link

cbrenthus

I have an idea that i never tried, but I’ll share: Get a standalone sink and a good disposal. Hook the outlet into your bucket/mesh/whatever.

Grandoug
    Grandoug
    Participant

A garbage disposal clogs really quick without water to clear it…that might be a problem unless you are chopping into a colander and the waste water can run off.

My recipe for chum is this.

I Get into my truck and run down to the nearest Puring Feed store and buy it.

When it’s time to catch bait I use a couple cups of Purina a little sea water and a shot of menhaden oil.

As far as left over bait, I just let it go…. alive

Get a wood chipper. You may have to enlarge the opening but it will take whole fish.

Ken Roy
    Participant

I think it is impossible to beat a Chum Churn. Before I quit chartering, I would not go fishing in the summer without it. All trash fish and dead bait went right in.

The noise the chum churn works great too, especially with fish that have heard the Chum Churn before. I’ve had snapper cone up from 200 feet within a minute of chugging the Chum Churn. On the shallow rocks up here, I have Grouper and Cobia absolutely swarming some days. Kingfish and mackerel really get turned on too.

Josephmum
    Blocked

[url=https://5b7053wx8g902z6de2srdp1mc6.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=XRM55]The Flat Belly Fix[/url]
    This is the only 21-day rapid [url=https://5b7053wx8g902z6de2srdp1mc6.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=XRM55]weight loss system[/url] that allows you to easily lose an average of 1 lb a day for 21 days without feeling hungry or deprived. The unique and brand new techniques used in this System are proven SAFE. And they do not cause the rebound weight gain common to all the other rapid weight loss systems that are not backed by the latest science. The Flat Belly Fix System takes advantage of a recent scientific discovery that proves the effective weight loss power of an ancient spice. Combined with other cutting edge ingredients in the patent pending Flat Belly Fix Tea™ — that you can make right in your own kitchen in minutes — this System is the quickest, easiest and most enjoyable way to quickly get the body you desire and deserve.

Josephmum
    Blocked

[url=https://5b7053wx8g902z6de2srdp1mc6.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=XRM55]The Flat Belly Fix[/url]
    This is the only 21-day rapid [url=https://5b7053wx8g902z6de2srdp1mc6.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=XRM55]weight loss system[/url] that allows you to easily lose an average of 1 lb a day for 21 days without feeling hungry or deprived. The unique and brand new techniques used in this System are proven SAFE. And they do not cause the rebound weight gain common to all the other rapid weight loss systems that are not backed by the latest science. The Flat Belly Fix System takes advantage of a recent scientific discovery that proves the effective weight loss power of an ancient spice. Combined with other cutting edge ingredients in the patent pending Flat Belly Fix Tea™ — that you can make right in your own kitchen in minutes — this System is the quickest, easiest and most enjoyable way to quickly get the body you desire and deserve.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

bongo.ezoicns.com