bongo.ezoicns.com

Kings at the Fort

Home Forums Land Based Fishing Forum Kings at the Fort

This topic contains 16 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  DenisTrils 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

They’re heeeeeeeere!

This fish was 23lbs on the boga grip, an was landed on my sahara 4000 with 40lb mono leader and a longshank hook. I hooked 6 others and saw dozens skyrocket, even had a 40lb class fish come and chomp 3 baits in one pass. Very cool. Go Get’em!

Dale

from a pier I know that was a good fight

Howard

That’s a nice king. Fishin in the rain. After this wind we just had…I wonder if the kings are still in close.

fishindad
    fishindad
    Participant

VERY nice!!! WTG!!!!! Now THATS fishing!!!!

Fishindad

Dennis Bush

Dumb question: I’m assuming you mean the Ft. DeSoto pier? Which one and what time of day & tide?

The gulf pier. Tide doesnt matter, as long as it is moving. It wil be a bit before they are back with all this wind. Here is a fishing lesson that applies to any species at any time of the year. Fish ALWAYS feed immediatley before and during a frontal passage. The best fishing of the year is on these first few big cold fronts. Sure its windy and its wet, but the fish are literally climbing into the boat and onto the pier. The fishing is pretty slow for the next few days as the high pressure system settles in. So basically, anytime you have a falling baromoter or a low pressure system the fish wil be feeding like maniacs. At the Gulf Pier, I go all the way to the end and freeline sardines and threadfins downtide in the current rips. I dont let them get more than 20yds or so from the pier because the kings ALWAYS run over 200yds on the initial run. I am always into my backing and at least half of the fish I hook end up running all the line which forces me to grab the spool. It either turns their head and the fight begins, or it pops the leader off. Also. I ALWAYS use mono leader. 40lb. Every kingfish that sees my bait ends up eating it. I probobly only get the hook to stick in 1/3 of them and the rest pop it off on the strike, but I have fished side by side with guys using wire and the dont usually hook anything. Hope that helped!

Dennis Bush

Thanks for the details. Have you had any smoked drags yet?

I’v had fish run every inch of line off my reel, but it always just pops the leader or turns them. I palm my spool a lot and it is HOT after a few good runs. I’m pretty rough on my tackle and reels rarely last more than a year (Thats why I spend the $60 on Saharas instead of going for the Stradic), but I think I’m more than overdue for some new drag washers.

mike

Holy F! That is how its is DONE!

Mike

Tom Trentler

nice zinger!

emilio
    Blocked

Bst post I have sen in a while. Lots of really good information. Keep up the good work. I wish more posters would share their info like you did. Good job!!

mike

bendever wrote:

Bst post I have sen in a while. Lots of really good information. Keep up the good work. I wish more posters would share their info like you did. Good job!!

You do realize this post is from November last year,yes?

Mike

mwilson3 wrote: [QUOTE=bendever]Bst post I have sen in a while. Lots of really good information. Keep up the good work. I wish more posters would share their info like you did. Good job!!

You do realize this post is from November last year,yes?
    Mike

LOL i couldnt understand why such an old post was at the top…. guess they didnt either.

saltlife84

ive been getting good bites on my 30lb flourocarbon leaders and thats even with my little 1/4oz jigs. i wont use mono, ive lost to many jigs and lures to fish.

eric h

no doubt this guy is really cool. I was out at fort d a couple weekends ago and he showed me how to do it. Ended up bringing home a couple of good size macks he even gave me a good recipe to cook them in the house. Thanks a lot man that italian dressing marinade was great and renewed my enthusiasm for mackerel.

Sucks tho hard to free line right now the spooners are kinda taking over

Josephmum
    Blocked

[url=https://5b7053wx8g902z6de2srdp1mc6.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=XRM55]The Flat Belly Fix[/url]
    This is the only 21-day rapid [url=https://5b7053wx8g902z6de2srdp1mc6.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=XRM55]weight loss system[/url] that allows you to easily lose an average of 1 lb a day for 21 days without feeling hungry or deprived. The unique and brand new techniques used in this System are proven SAFE. And they do not cause the rebound weight gain common to all the other rapid weight loss systems that are not backed by the latest science. The Flat Belly Fix System takes advantage of a recent scientific discovery that proves the effective weight loss power of an ancient spice. Combined with other cutting edge ingredients in the patent pending Flat Belly Fix Tea™ — that you can make right in your own kitchen in minutes — this System is the quickest, easiest and most enjoyable way to quickly get the body you desire and deserve.

DenisTrils
    Blocked

Накануне серфил данные инета, неожиданно к своему восторгу обнаружил нужный вебсайт. Вот ссылка: [url=http://hydra4jpwhfx4mst.com/]как зайти на hydra[/url] . Для меня этот веб-сайт произвел яркое впечатление. Всего хорошего!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

bongo.ezoicns.com