The month of September

Home Forums Your Fishing Reports The month of September

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ntaylor ntaylor 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

What the heck.   Got more stuff done faster than I thought I would.     Had two full weeks “OFF.”     Bizarre.    Some life changes, I stayed off the water and worked on other things.

Back in action.   The schedule is busy again.   Thank God.    I’m not that happy when I’m not out there.

Anyway, back at it:     Action, decent but not great.   The great action of Fall is dead ahead.    Recovery from the storm?   Possible.     The unaffected?   Pompano.     In 20 minutes of jigging, seven big pompano.

Trout:    Good.

Redfish:   Decent.

One trip, went on intel from locals.   M I S T A K E.      If I tell you where fish are, they’re there.     These people must have been looking at mullet schools.    We went at it hard, the guy I had, a pretty good fisherman.     We were after redfish, only hooked 3 in about five hours (to me, not very good.)

More trips for the next nine days.   More to talk about after it’s done.    The plan for the next five days:  A variety.     The pompano were so good yesterday we are going to work that in again.      Topwaters for trout is also a possibility in the next two days.     A bridge trip for drum is going to be a “second trip” in the same day.     This guy has done it before but never got one away from the pilings.

This month is strong the rest of the way.   October has good bookings already.     This is a great time of year for me.

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

I would have to say the floating grass is the worst I have ever seen it.     It makes it tough for us lure throwers.   But it’s still do-able.

For John:     Redfish on his first cast of the day.     I thought that might be the sign of a big day to come.   It wasn’t.      The bite was early and it ended early..

Tomorrow’s tide that much better I expect the action to extend

mdroz999
    Participant

I went out last Friday (15th) and the floating grass made fishing impossible. I was even getting grass on every cast with a weedless lure. Any estimate when things might clear up?

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

Six out of seven days.     The first couple were tougher, post hurricane.   Toward the end, things normalized.

2017 the best pompano fishing I have ever seen..     Pretty easy to go catch a dozen.    The year started out with the size nothing impressive.   Now they are all big.     Pink teaser.      95% of the fish eat the teaser.

Trout action:  Easy.   Yesterday, first timer.  He caught 50 trout in about an hour and a half.     The big trout of winter will be coming up.      I drove through fog yesterday.   I hadn’t seen fog in about 8 months.    Fog is a sign of Fall.

One cobia about 40 pounds.

The redfish efforts:   We got three.   We got five.   We got four… not off the charts but they are a target.

Flounder in 2017 just haven’t happened.   Targeting flounder now we can work hard and we may get up to ten.    Last two years the same amount of targeting you might get 30 to 40 of them..       They will either be late or this may just be an off year.

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

Floating grass:  Try a different spot.    One location the worst I have ever seen.   Ten miles away there is no floating grass

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

Great action the past two days.    I mean great action.    Yesterday we literally caught almost everything that was possible to catch.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.