Whats your favorite bait and tackle store?

Home Forums "Top Picks" Whats your favorite bait and tackle store?

This topic contains 43 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by ntaylor ntaylor 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

James Wolf

Just wnted to know what is everyone favorite bait and tackle store and whats the reason..

Our fav is Johnny’s bait and tackle Loc Treasure Island the main reason is due to customer service

Mike White

Fisherman’s World (US 19 in Holiday).

Who ever gives me a discount!!!!!!!!!!

Really though, Harts one stop for bait, Soon to be Tackle Source, Tampa Fishing Outfitters , to name a few!

Nathan

Tampa bay fishing outfitters and Blue Water fishing supply.

-Nate

dave benham
    Participant

Dogfish Tackle. Hands down the best around.

Tom’ Tackle in Clearwater–been going there since 1971.

Whichever one is having the best sales at a given time.

John
    John
    Participant

“Bait and Tackle” would be Gandy Bait and Tackle…

David Kuhnke

Tampa fishing Outfitters for all tackle and lures and Denny B’s for Live Bait

Glen Taylor

For tackle, none better than the boys at Dog-Fish. As for bait, I do not buy much.

Glen

grouper

not fishermans world they do not have good reel techs anymore and the general managers a head case ANCLOTE BAIT AND TACKLE is the best in north pinellas for a bait store and you cant beat dogfish for fishing store either

redfish

Hammerheads Ace on West bay in Largo. There very nice people and I go ther to see my Grandma since she works there. I get a discount too.

Mark

I like T.A. Mahoneys still. I spent quite a few years there stocking the shelves and ordering parts. So, I know where everything is or where to get it. I honestly have never had to go someplace else to get something fishing or boating related. For last minute tackle items or live shrimp I go to Gandy Bait. They are in a great location right next to gandy ramp.

Betts by far

Del Calhoun

Hard for me to pick a favorite. I like Discount Tackle in Bradington, Economy Tackle in Sarasota (especially for kayak supplies), and CBs tackle on Siesta Key. I also love Dogfish when I get over that way.

I have never been to Tampa Fishing Outfitters or Betts but from what I hear I would like them too.

I don’t use bait so I can’t help with that.

screw dogfish ever since they got a new store they have been really stuck up, they think they are the best thing that ever happened.
    If you what a reel store Mastery’s bait and tackle.
    If you know the guys down there like I do they will give stuff away to you

hands down Fishermans Ideal Supply House(F.I.S.H) in madeira beach

josh paesano

chasingtales wrote: screw dogfish ever since they got a new store they have been really stuck up, they think they are the best thing that ever happened.
    If you what a reel store Mastery’s bait and tackle.
    If you know the guys down there like I do they will give stuff away to you

I have been in there a few times and noone even says hello or offers to help. I’ll go to betts or west marine before going back there.

jim leboeuf

I like them all….I’m like a kid in a candy store…I use artificials year round..and so far Dicks is keeping up with the new stuff trends. The price is right….

David Kuhnke

redfish wrote:

Hammerheads Ace on West bay in Largo. There very nice people and I go ther to see my Grandma since she works there. I get a discount too.

i wish my grandma worked at a tackle shop!

JACOB

redfish wrote:

Ditto
    Discount also.

David Kuhnke

walmart does have some good prices on certain things so ill throw walmart into my favs

( The Spaniard )
    Participant

I would have to say “Betts”.. Eric and his wife are some of the most down to earth and nicest helpful people around. Not only do I consider Eric a friend but I see him as a very knowledgeable fishermen. He knows King fishing as well as other species and has even helped people to win the BIG tourneys when he could not fish them. Eric is just an all around great guy with a big heart! I love their new location ( two min. from my house.) Also, it has great selection with great prices. Eric has offered me discounts through the years but with his Master Anglers Program.. I get great prices anyway. THANKS Eric for all that you do for the community and fellow fishermen.

PS The dogs are friendly also.

PEACE~

gabe
    Participant

Of all the stores mentioned who has the largest selection of tackle?

…Snook Nook, Jensen Beach,FL…they have EVERYthing and are very competative in pricing/Bearpaws, Skaneateles, NY…they’re the only place that has Crayfish during Smallmouth/Perch season…

The Snook Nook in Jensen Beach is an awesome shop. I go there all the time when I’m visiting my Pop over in Port St. Lucie.

Next time I go there I’m gonna get a picture of me standing out front.

The SnookMook at the Snook Nook. LOL

Frank Weber

Dogfish rocks. Awesome selection and great customer service. You guys who said they weren’t helpful or nice… you must have been there at the wrong time.

Hammerhead’s Ace on West Bay is great too. Good prices and selection. Though if you’re a novice looking for information it’s not the place to go.

Loren Lee

tpasurf wrote: walmart does have some good prices on certain things so ill throw walmart into my favs

Luke McCoy

I get most of my tackle from Tampa Fishing Outfitters. They are right around where I work so it is pretty convenient. The people there are really nice and helpful as well. As for bait I’ve been stopping at Gandy Bait before going out but next time I’ll be going all artificial.

TA Mahoney is great for questions and instruction, great group of guys. In the NPR area I like One Stop B & T on Troublecreek Rd., Tampa Fising Outfitters has a great selection and they are helpful.

Nam Nguyen

Tampa Fishing Outfitters cause of their selection and they have great people working there.

One Stop Bait & Tackle! Awesome guys down there, always up to help with any advise they can. Not to mention they have unlocked the doors after closing time for me more than once. I have no problem paying a small % more for some products in exchange for priceless customer service!

loukiii
    Participant

Bass Pro Shop Online for tackle.

The bay is my bait shop.

Patrick Darrah
    Participant

Bass Pro Shops, any of their locations. They are like a night out for my Wife and I. It’s her favorite store. All the fish and game mounts and old tackle on the walls, the big fish tanks, the boats, guns, rows of everything! If you need it they have it, in two sizes. I have their credit card for the 1% cash back, with the amount I spend it helps

John J Roche

Cabelas! I too have their visa card and that cash back, selection, and shipping is just the icing on the cake. Their selection is amazing.

Depends on what your after. FISH has great off shore heavy stuff, pinfish traps etc…
    Dogfish is by far the best tackle shop ive been in.
    you over-sensitive guys who got your feelings hurt or whatever need to wipe your tears and put on yer big gurl panties and go back. Capt. Dave and the staff are some of the nicest guys you will ever meet and are a wealth of knowledge.
    Dogfish sticks are great rods at an unbeatable price….life time warranty. I’d put the signature series rods up against St. Croix and theyre half the price.
    JMFO….ok?

jim leboeuf

Tampa Fishing Outfitters….is the biggest in the Tampa Bay area 3916 W Osborne Av… tampa a must shop to visit

Tampa fishing outfitters

Spencer

Unlike most everyone else, I can’t stand Dogfish… I spend my money at Betts and Holy Mackeral Tackle.

seeinred wrote:

Unlike most everyone else, I can’t stand Dogfish…

another whiner…..
    maybe they just dont like you?

Loren Lee

Georgiaredfish wrote: [QUOTE=seeinred]

Unlike most everyone else, I can’t stand Dogfish…

another whiner…..
    maybe they just dont like you?
    [/QUOTE] Or maybe your under the counter taking care of them so they are extra special nice to you .Everytime i have been there they seem snobby so i dont go.I do like ultimate fishing and the complete angler get what i need when i need it

Patton

DogFish blows, Been there once and no one said a word to me till I told them to grab me a 60lb boga, after that they were suckin on it screw them.

For hard/offshore stuff F.I.S.H. is the best.

You can’t beat Gandy Bait in S. Tampa, Anyone up there including the owner will take the time to help you even if you’re not buying anything at all, good people.

temmor
    Participant

Holy Mackeral Tackle is my favorite followed by Bett’s.

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

Gator Jim’s, St Pete.   Jim has built a mega store down there.  If you haven’t seen it yet, you need to go..     This could be the best supplied tackle shop in the state.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.