Where's Everyone from a few years back????

Home Forums Your Fishing Reports Where's Everyone from a few years back????

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  FusionZ06 5 months ago.

• Author

nofish4u
    Participant

Where has everyone gone? This forum was once a great place for everyone to meet an exchange boating and fishing stories. All the posts are from the same three or four individuals, there is no variety or new things to hear from old or new friends.  Has that been restricted or have old member been kicked out? I sure Miss the old man and his original old fishing site!!

lostsurfer
    lostsurfer
    Participant

There’s little activity here anymore, and I miss the old days, too. Not sure what happened?

Joe Lovelace
    Participant

I raised a similar question on the Angler’s Forum a few weeks ago. I guess it will take work by everyone to build this site back up.  I post only occasionally because I don’t think I have a lot of knowledge or expertise to share, but jump in when I think I have something to offer…..but, like you said, not a lot of posts to address.  Unfortunately, my boat is on the rack for a couple of weeks with a mechanical problem, so it looks like I’ll be missing some of the best weather of the year and the end of gag season, and I’ll have no reports to post.  I’ll try to post my lizardfish and puffer catches when I’m floating again.

Steve Wertovitch
    Participant

I too have been very disappointed in the site. No real ‘user’ input only commercial captains.

I’m going out fishing tomorow, Tuesday 12/20 around Anclote flats. Any reports since the temperature dropped ?

Steve W.

Joe Lovelace
    Participant

Steve W:

Can’t help you with the fishing info.  Started out of Largo today all primed to get some meat before the 31st, but boat broke. It’d been on the shelf for a couple of weeks getting a problem fixed, but it obviously wasn’t completely solved. Hope to get it back before we lose this great weather.  Between the wind, vacation, minor health issues, and  equipment problems, this fall has really been a disappointment for me. Today wasn’t a total loss….had some good jumping dolphin viewing on the sloooow ride back.

As to user input, I agree that I’d also like to see more “regular folks” reporting, but posting by captains is common.  I hit four boards daily (this, another FL board, a national board that covers my interest in FL and the Chesapeake Bay area, and a board that is centered on the Chesapeake) [my son lives in MD and I fish the bay with him several times a year].  The two boards that cover MD are very heavily posted by charter captains.  The FL boards have considerably more input by recreational. Regardless who posts, I still try to learn techniques and tackle from the entries so that I may be able to post something other than pinfish, ladyfish, and lizardfish….but even that is still fishing, so can’t complain too much;  beats working.

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

Everyone is still around.   No one visits internet sites anymore.   That is just a sign of the times.    It was bound to happen.   I too suffer from internet anxiety.   There are times where I don’t turn my computer on for days.   If not for updating the fishing reports on this site, I would be on a lot less.

The people are still out there.   Direct contact is better.    People don’t want to tap keys on a keyboard anymore

Fishhawk
    Fishhawk
    Participant

Well what do you know? Years of password non-acceptance ended this morning. That’s been a major problem. You just cannot get on this site with a password. No matter what you do, it is rejected.

Anyway, rejection ended for some reason this morning. No clue why as I did nothing different from anything I did the past few years.

FusionZ06
    Participant

The forum change over really killed it. Basically everyone had to sign up again, then it messed up usernames. Layout was wonky and any attempt to discuss was combative. Met a lot of friends on CapMel over the years.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.