Grilled Tuna Burger with Red Cabbage Slaw
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1/4 head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 lb fresh tuna fillets, cubed
1/3 cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup presliced green onions
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1/3 cup spicy mayonnaise
6 Bakery French Hamburger buns
- Remove core from cabbage and slice; chop cilantro, garlic, and pepper.
- Grate ginger. Cut tuna into 1/2-inch cubes (wash hands).
- Preheat grill pan. In a large bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk until sugar dissolves. Add cabbage, carrots, and cilantro. Toss well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine tuna, red pepper, green onions, mustard, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, remaining salt and black pepper. Pulse just until mixture begins to cling together.
- Shape tuna mixture into 6 (3/4-inch-thick) patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until chilled and firm. Coat grill pan with spray. Grill 2–3 minutes or until bottom is well browned. Turn patties; cook 3–4 minutes more or until browned and 145°F.
- Spread mayonnaise evenly over both cut sides of each bun; add tuna patty. Top with red cabbage slaw and bun tops. Serve immediately with remaining slaw.