3 tablespoons Vidalia onion dressing, divided
4 (6-oz) Trout fillets
3 tablespoons macadamia nuts, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) on medium. Brush 2 tablespoons dressing over fish; let stand 10 minutes to marinate.
- Place fish on grill; cook 3–4 minutes on each side and until fish is opaque and separates easily.
- Chop nuts. Combine nuts, chili powder, and salt. Brush remaining 1 tablespoon dressing over fish; sprinkle with nut mixture.
Always check fish for bones and cook to an internal temperature of 145°F.
Other Preparation Methods
- Bake: Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, and 1/4 cup mayonnaise. Spread over 4 (6-oz) fillets; place in baking pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons bread crumbs; bake 8–10 minutes and opaque and separates easily.
- Sauté: Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season 4 (6-oz) fillets with 2 teaspoons taco seasoning. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add fish; cook 3–4 minutes on each side and until opaque and separates easily. Squeeze lime juice over fish.