- 12 oz. spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, stalks trimmed and quartered
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, then add asparagus and cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice, lemon slices, Parmesan and heavy cream and let simmer, then add cooked spaghetti.
- Toss until coated, then add pasta water as needed until sauce is creamy.