2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
12 oz sea scallops, thawed
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups farfalle (or other medium) pasta
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup white wine
1 vanilla bean
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Bring water to boil on high for pasta.
- Chop shallots and chives.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Pat scallops dry; season with salt and pepper and coat with cooking spray. Place scallops in pan (wash hands); cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove scallops from pan; cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and shallots to pan; cook 1-2 minutes or until shallots are tender. Stir in wine; cook 3-5 minutes or until wine is mostly evaporated. Cook pasta following package instructions.
- Split vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds; stir seeds, along with the pod, into shallots. Stir in cream and almonds; cook 4-5 minutes or until liquid has reduced by about one-half. Drain pasta.
- Remove vanilla bean pod. Stir pasta and scallops into sauce. Sprinkle with chives and serve.