- cup butter or margarine SAVE $
- cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth (4 cups)
- cups (1 qt) half-and-half
- cup dry white wine or water SAVE $
- cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers (from 7-oz jar) SAVE $
- oz cod fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- oz uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen and tails peeledSAVE $
- cup basil pesto SAVE $
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1In 4-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth, half-and-half and wine. Stir in bell peppers and cod. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
2Stir in shrimp. Simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Stir in pesto, salt and pepper.