Stuffed Shrimp with Scampi Sauce and Toffee-Apple Dip
- Thaw seafood, if needed; preheat oven
- Prepare dip through step one and chill (5 minutes)
- Prepare shrimp recipe; complete dip and serve (30 minutes)
Stuffed Shrimp with Scampi Sauce
1/3 cup french-fried onions, coarsely crushed
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
24 large peeled/deveined shrimp (about 10 oz), tail on
2 (3-oz) premium lump crab cakes, thawed
1/2 cup scampi finishing sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Crush fried onions. Chop parsley.
- Pour wine into 9-inch square baking dish. Butterfly shrimp. To do this: cut a slit almost through back of shrimp. Open shrimp and flatten. Place about 1 teaspoon crab cake on back of each shrimp; fold tail over filling and place shrimp in baking dish. Repeat with remaining shrimp (wash hands).
- Bake 10–12 minutes or just until shrimp are pink and opaque and stuffing is 165°F. Transfer shrimp to serving platter; sprinkle with onions. Whisk scampi sauce into pan juices, then sprinkle with parsley. Pour sauce around shrimp and serve.
1 1/2 cups sweet apple slices
1 (8-oz) bag toffee bits, divided
1 (8-oz) tub whipped cream cheese
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 sheets cinnamon graham crackers
- Cut apples into small pieces; set aside 1/2 cup apples and 1/2 cup toffee bits for later use. Combine remaining ingredients (except crackers) until blended. Transfer dip to serving bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- Top dip with reserved apples and toffee bits. Arrange graham crackers around dip and serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
- Complete your meal with rice blend, fresh salad blend, and crusty baguette.
- The remaining apple slices can also be used as dippers for the Toffee-Apple Dip.