- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, about 550g/1lb 4oz in total, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- thumb-size piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 bunch coriander, half chopped, half leaves picked
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
For the salad
- 2 carrots
- half large or 1 small cucumber
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- Tip the salmon into a food processor with the paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander. Pulse until roughly minced. Tip out the mix and shape into 4 burgers. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the burgers for 4-5 mins on each side, turning until crisp and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, use a swivel peeler to peel strips of carrot and cucumber into a bowl. Toss with the vinegar and sugar until the sugar has dissolved, then toss through the coriander leaves. Divide the salad between 4 plates. Serve with the burgers and rice.