1 1/2 lb peeled/deveined large shrimp, tails removed
16 (6-inch) wooden skewers
1 (10-oz) container frozen margarita mix
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 (6-oz) container lowfat mango (or coconut) yogurt
1 tablespoon green pepper sauce
- Preheat grill (or grill pan). Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer, pushing skewer through tail, then head of shrimp. Place skewers in single layer in shallow pan. Blend margarita mix and cilantro; pour over shrimp. Marinate 10 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; coat with spray. Grill 1–2 minutes on each side until shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Blend yogurt, and hot sauce. Serve with shrimp.
Other Preparation Methods
- Bake: Preheat oven to 425°F. Season 1 1/2 lb shrimp with 1 tablespoon chipotle-garlic seasoning. Place on foil-lined baking sheet; bake 4–5 minutes until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Combine 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, 1/4 cup pickle relish and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar. Toss with shrimp.
- Sauté: Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium-high. Add 1/4 cup teriyaki ginger sauce, 1 cup diced bell peppers, and 1 1/2 lb shrimp to pan; cook and stir 2–3 minutes until shrimp turn pink and opaque.