- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 wedges The Laughing Cow garlic and herb Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook linguine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp and garlic; cook 2-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in broth; cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Add Swiss cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper; stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain linguine and asparagus, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Stir linguine and asparagus into shrimp mixture, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Originally published as Asparagus Shrimp Linguine in Light Recipes 2015