- shell clams (littlenecks or cherrystones)
- uncooked medium shrimp in shells (about 1 1/4 lb), thawed if frozen
- sea scallops (about 2 1/2 lb)
- ears fresh sweet corn, husks removed, cleaned, cut into fourths
- large cherry tomatoes
- cup butter or margarine, melted
- tespoons grated lemon peel
- teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon freeze-dried chives SAVE $
- Fresh chive stems or chopped fresh chives, if desired SAVE $
Powered by Chicory
1Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 8 (18×12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray.
2Place 4 clams, shrimp and scallops in center of each sheet; top each with 2 pieces of corn and 4 tomatoes. In small bowl, mix butter ingredients. Drizzle about 2 teaspoons butter over seafood and vegetables in each packet.
3Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
4Place packets on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 10 minutes, or until clam shells have opened, shrimp are pink, and scallops are white and opaque. (Cooking time may vary depending on ingredients selected) Discard any clams that don’t open.
5To serve, cut large X across top of each packet; carefully fold back foil to allow steam to escape. Top with chives.