Crispy Fish Parmesan (just like Chicken Parmesan)
Serves Serves 4
- 1 19-ounce package Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillets
- 12 ounces linguine pasta (plus water and salt to boil, and olive oil)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 4-6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese*, thinly sliced
- fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line up all 10 fish fillets on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray (line it with foil or parchment paper first for super easy cleanup.)
- Bake the fish filets for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil and add a half tablespoon of salt or so. (It should taste like seawater). When it boils, add the linguine. Cook according to package instructions, usually about 8-9 minutes, until al dente. Drain and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Take the fish out of the oven and flip each fillet. Sprinkle each fillet with about a teaspoon of shredded parmesan.
- Return to the oven for 6 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven. Spoon about a tablespoon of marinara sauce on each fillet, then top with a thin slice of mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven for another 4-6 minutes (last time I promise!), until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven.
- Heat the marinara sauce on the stove or in the microwave.
- Divide the linguine between 4 plates. Top with warmed marinara sauce and 2-3 fillets.
- Top each plate with chopped basil and serve.
*Regular shredded mozzarella would work great too!