This delicious Mexican Shrimp dish is made with saucy Chipotle shrimp served over a bed of corn, zucchini, and red onions, and served with a side of avocado.
Also known as Camarones a la Diabla, this whole shrimp dish takes less than 30 minutes made all in one skillet! More Mexican shrimp recipes you may like
The shrimp are cooked in a Mexican sauce made with tomatoes, cilantro, chipotle in adobo, and brown sugar (the sauce has a little heat from the chipotle, but it’s not spicy), and then served over a bed of sautéed corn, zucchini and red onions. It’s finished with a squeeze of lime and served with a side of avocado.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped chipotle in adobo
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups corn kernels (from 2 medium ears of corn)
2 medium (8-ounce) zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 medium red onion, halved and cut into wedges
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Juice from ½ lime
1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
4 ounces avocado (from 1 small Hass), sliced
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, sauté the yellow onion for 3-4 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds more.
- Transfer to a blender with the tomatoes, cilantro, chipotle in adobo, brown sugar and ½ a teaspoon salt.
In the skillet, add the butter and allow to melt. Add the corn, zucchini, red onion, garlic powder, oregano, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Sauté until softened and browned on the edges, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and squeeze lime juice over the top.Transfer the sauce from the blender to the skillet and add the shrimp. Coat the shrimp with the sauce and allow them to cook in the sauce until cooked through and sauce has thickened a bit, about 5 minutes. To serve: Pour the shrimp and sauce over the top of the veggies and garnish avocado and cilantro.
Read more at https://www.skinnytaste.com/mexican-shrimp-diablo/#MV8wHR1zRtoVBbB7.99